Day One: 27-06-2018
Registration and Morning Refreshments45 minutes
Opening remarks5 minutes
UBF Welcome note5 minutes
Keynote address15 minutes
Panel 1: Financial crime trends and FATF role in preventing criminal abuse of the financial system45 minutes
- 2017 Financial crimes overview
- FATF role in combatting financial crimes
- Internationally endorsed global standards against money laundering, terrorist financing and the financing of proliferation
- Strengthening measures to tackle money laundering and terrorist financing
- The need for continuous assessments and mutual evaluations
Interview: Living in the Age of De-Risking20 minutes
- Global financial Potential institutions perspectives on De-risking
- impact of De-Risking on the region’s banking industry
Panel 2: Aligning local regulatory frameworks with the Global regulations40 minutes
- Government’s role in creating the regulatory framework
- The Regulatory landscape: How is the UAE leading the way, and what does this mean for the region’s banking sector?
- The strategic impact of global regulation
Networking Coffee Break30 minutes
Panel 3: Trust, KYC and Compliance in the Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Era40 minutes
- Digitization Regime – Regulatory developments/alignment, challenges and risks
- Where is the financial sector heading next with blockchain?
- The rise of cryptocurrencies: Regulation challenges, risks and opportunities
Panel 4: Advanced Technologies influence on Compliance40 minutes
- The RegTech/FinTech revolution
- Public/Private Partnership towards establishment of AML/CTF Intelligence Sharing Platform
- How machine learning is changing the future of compliance, fraud detection and risk assessments
- AI and machine learning governance: Why and how?
- The ever-evolving risk of cyberattacks and data manipulation
Closing note: Presentation - Conduct Business in Banks30 minutes
- Identifying and managing Conduct Risk
- Designing and implementing system and control to mitigate Conduct risk
- Monitoring and reporting conduct risk.